Tuesday, August 2, 2022

2018

 I didn't make a ton of artwork in 2018.  I'm an art teacher, so there is always art making happening, however it is not always "my art." Examples, demonstrations, and little studies are par for the course during the school year.  The personal artwork I made were again lino-cut prints.  Overwhelmed with caring for my mom, my son, and work, the lino-cut continued to fit best.  I always create a series of prints or collages for Christmas cards every year.  In 2018, the theme was a Lego Ferris wheel my son had built and our cat Jojo.

We celebrated the Chinese New Year in 2018 with our friends, the Dovers,  on a snowy night.  It was an amazing, warm, beautiful celebration that brought me so much joy.  There were oranges, fish, dumplings, lanterns, laughter, music, fireworks, and just so much joy!  The night stayed with me and in June of 2018 I carved "Chinese New Year with the Dovers." 

Here are photos from that night and the print.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Another cat painting.

 Here is a painting of my friend’s cat, Lucy. Lucy got lost outside, but she came home and that is the best news ever. So, I painted a small...