Saturday, August 6, 2022

Action Art Adventure Week, November 2019

I had mentioned in a prior post that I'm an art teacher, so there is always art making happening, but not always personal art making.  In 2019, I applied for and was awarded the Larry Marone grant through Special Needs in Art Education (SNAE) of the National Art Education Association.  My grant proposal was titled Action Art Adventure Week and I envisioned a week of action art making in our school's gym.  Here's a sketch of what I had planned: drawing robots, a weaving wall, bowling painting, catapult painting, and so much more!  It all happened in November of 2019 followed by an interactive pop-up art show for the school community.  It was a major undertaking with lots of planning and so much help from my colleagues.  Below is also a video about Action Art Adventure Week.  I really hope we can do it again and I'm so glad it all happened before the pandemic. More photos can be found here:  (2) Art @ Ridge Ruxton School (@TriciaLaneFors1) / Twitter 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another cat painting.

 Here is a painting of my friend’s cat, Lucy. Lucy got lost outside, but she came home and that is the best news ever. So, I painted a small...